Agreed Statements of Belief
are the beliefs Nazarenes hold to be true. They are common to Christians
1. We believe in one God-the
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by
plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to
faith and Christian living.
3. We believe that man is born with a fallen nature and is, therefore,
inclined to evil, and that continually.
4. We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally
5. We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole
human race; and that whosoever repents and
believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified
and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
6. We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to
regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and
also to the entire sanctification of believers.
8. We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and
the final judgement will take place.